Charges pending against teenagers accused of vandalizing Christmas decorations
DAVIDSON COUNTY, N.C. — Deputies said that charges are pending against three teenagers accused of stealing Christmas decorations, slashing Christmas inflatables and smashing mailboxes throughout Davidson County.
Authorities said two of the suspects are 17 and a third is 19. Officials said they will be served legal papers and be charged after they get out of school Wednesday.
The suspects may be responsible for as many as 10 recent thefts and incidents of vandalism including one in which an inflatable Santa Claus was cut open.
Deputies said they already questioned two of the suspects and they admitted to vandalizing three homes and three mailboxes.
Davidson County Sheriff David Grice said he wants to remind young people that vandalism is not a joke and the suspects will be prosecuted.
One of the victims claims the vandalism done to her Christmas decorations has ruined the holiday for her 6-year-old grandson.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.