280 marijuana plants seized from Burlington home, 2 arrested
BURLINGTON, N.C. — Police said two people were arrested Tuesday afternoon after nearly 60 pounds of marijuana were seized from their Burlington home.
David J. Gariano, 57, and Diane F. Hall, 52, were charged after police said they searched their home at 514 E. Davis St.
Officers said they smelled a strong odor of marijuana coming from the home around 12:06 p.m.
When they went to the home, police said Hall opened the door and the officers became “overwhelmed by the smell of raw marijuana.”
Police said they issued a search warrant and seized 280 marijuana plants, three handguns, five rifles, $2,955 and a 2007 Mini Cooper.
They said they also seized various documents, high-output grow lights, a scale and PVC tubing.
Both suspects are charged with trafficking marijuana, manufacturing marijuana and maintaining a dwelling for the sale/use of marijuana.
Officers said the suspects received $100,000 bonds in lieu of release.
Police said the investigation is continuing. Anyone with additional information can call the Burlington Police Department at 229-3503 or Crimestoppers at 229-7100.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave