Temperatures approaching near-record high today
It’s almost a week into December, but wintery weather seems distant as Tuesday’s high for the Piedmont Triad is being forecast at more than 70 degrees.
FOX8 Meteorologist Emily Byrd predicts today’s high will reach 72 degrees with partly-cloudy skies and winds between 8 and 12 mph.
The standing record temperature for Dec. 4 in the region was set at 73 degrees in 1998.
This evening, temperatures are expected to drop to as low as 53 degrees.
Temperatures are expected to decrease Wednesday with a predicted high of 66 degrees. Rain showers are also expected Wednesday.
On Thursday, the forecast high drops significantly at only 50 degrees with partly-sunny skies.
For the latest updates, visit our Weather page.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault