Greensboro City Council to vote on vacant seat
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Greensboro City Council members will vote Tuesday to fill a seat that was vacated by a member heading to the state senate.
Trudy Wade was voted to the 27th district state senate seat in November. It left her post as District 5 city council member open.
Residents vying for that seat had until Nov. 30 to submit letters of interest to the city. Five people are currently up for the seat. Three others have withdrawn.
The candidates’ letters can be viewed at greensboro-nc.gov.
Whoever is voted in Tuesday evening will serve until Dec. 3, 2013, which would have marked the end of Wade’s term.
The vote will take place during tonight’s regularly scheduled meeting, which starts at 5:30 p.m.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave