Greensboro City Council to vote on vacant seat
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Greensboro City Council members will vote Tuesday to fill a seat that was vacated by a member heading to the state senate.
Trudy Wade was voted to the 27th district state senate seat in November. It left her post as District 5 city council member open.
Residents vying for that seat had until Nov. 30 to submit letters of interest to the city. Five people are currently up for the seat. Three others have withdrawn.
The candidates’ letters can be viewed at greensboro-nc.gov.
Whoever is voted in Tuesday evening will serve until Dec. 3, 2013, which would have marked the end of Wade’s term.
The vote will take place during tonight’s regularly scheduled meeting, which starts at 5:30 p.m.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview