Big Dipper restaurant in Asheboro suffers minor fire damage

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
663 N. Fayetteville St. in Asheboro (Google Maps)

663 N. Fayetteville St. in Asheboro (Google Maps)

ASHEBORO, N.C. — The Big Dipper restaurant in Asheboro is expected to reopen Tuesday after officials said a minor fire broke out at the business Monday.

The Asheboro Courier-Tribune reported that the fire started by accident in the kitchen area of the Big Dipper at 663 N. Fayetteville St. around 11:55 a.m. No injuries were reported.

The paper reported that the flames started in an inside wall beside the commercial gas stove. An estimated $1,000 worth of damage was reported, mainly to sheet rock.

Manager Lisa Ross estimated she lost about $3,000 for her inventory and no lunch and supper customers on Monday.

Source: The Asheboro Courier-Tribune.