VIDEO: US magician burned in Dominican TV stunt
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic (AP) — A magician from the United States is getting medical treatment and pursuing legal action after the host of a TV show in the Dominican Republic set him on fire in an apparent stunt.
Wayne Houchin is out of the hospital but is still being treated for burns on his face, scalp and hands. Houchin tells The Associated Press he is in a lot of pain but recovering.
The California native said Monday he has hired lawyers to prepare a complaint so that authorities can pursue criminal charges against the host.
The 29-year-old performer was taping a segment on the “Closer To The Stars” program on Nov. 26 when guest host Franklin Barazarte abruptly doused him with a flaming liquid. Barazarte did not respond to phone calls seeking comment.
Source: The Associated Press
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k