NC holding annual Farm Bureau meeting in Greensboro
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — Farmers from around North Carolina are in Greensboro to discuss the industry’s future.
The N.C. Farm Bureau’s annual meeting got under way Sunday and runs through Tuesday.
Organizers expect more than 1,000 volunteer leaders and voting delegates to travel from each of North Carolina’s 100 counties to attend the convention.
Among the guests expected to address the gathering are U.S. House Rep. Renee Ellmers and N.C. Secretary of State Elaine Marshall. State Agriculture Commissioner Steve Troxler and state Supreme Court Justice Paul Newby are also planning to speak.
This article was provided by The Associated Press. (Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault