NC holding annual Farm Bureau meeting in Greensboro
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — Farmers from around North Carolina are in Greensboro to discuss the industry’s future.
The N.C. Farm Bureau’s annual meeting got under way Sunday and runs through Tuesday.
Organizers expect more than 1,000 volunteer leaders and voting delegates to travel from each of North Carolina’s 100 counties to attend the convention.
Among the guests expected to address the gathering are U.S. House Rep. Renee Ellmers and N.C. Secretary of State Elaine Marshall. State Agriculture Commissioner Steve Troxler and state Supreme Court Justice Paul Newby are also planning to speak.
This article was provided by The Associated Press. (Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK