Mitt Romney rejoins Marriott board
NEW YORK (AP) — Former presidential candidate and Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney is getting a new job title: member of Marriott International’s board of directors.
He’s held the post with the hotel chain twice before. The first time was from 1993 to 2002, when he left to campaign for governor of Massachusetts, and from 2009 to 2011, when he left to start his campaign for the presidency.
It’s the first job announcement Romney has made since being defeated in the November election by President Barack Obama. Romney has kept a low profile since the election. He’s spent the past month largely in seclusion at his family’s California home.
Marriott International Inc. is based in Bethesda, Md.
Source: The Associated Press
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault