Crocodile snatches 9-year-old boy in Australia
SYDNEY — Police are searching for a 9-year-old boy who was snatched by a crocodile as he was swimming in the mouth of a river in northern Australia.
Northern Territory police say the boy was swimming with a group of people at Port Bradshaw on Saturday when he was grabbed by the crocodile.
Nearby people attempted to kill the crocodile with spears, but it then dragged the boy farther into the water.
Police planned to continue searching on Monday but expressed pessimism about the chances of finding the boy alive.
Two weeks ago, another crocodile snatched a 7-year-old girl who was swimming at a Northern Territory waterhole. The crocodile was fatally shot the next day and the girl’s remains were found inside it.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'