Man accused of kidnapping, stealing car in Lexington arrested
Jimmy Ray Blackwell Jr., 26.
LEXINGTON, N.C. — A man accused of kidnapping a 61-year-old woman and stealing her car Thursday morning in Lexington has been arrested.
Jimmy Ray Blackwell Jr., 26, allegedly kidnapped the victim from the parking lot of the Biscuit King on South Main Street around 7 a.m. and forced her to drive for several miles.
Officials said he then stole money from her purse, shoved her out onto the road and took off with her car.
He allegedly ditched the vehicle in a nearby neighborhood. Police said the victim was able to make it to a gas station and call 911.
Blackwell faces charges of first-degree kidnapping, robbery, larceny of a motor vehicle and assault.
Authorities said he was placed in the Davidson County Detention Center under a $25,000 secured bond and has court planned for Jan. 15.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants