Ga. girl bitten while feeding dolphin at SeaWorld
ALPHARETTA, Ga. (AP) — The family of an 8-year-old Georgia girl says she suffered minor injuries after a dolphin bit her hand at SeaWorld in Orlando, Fla.
WSB-TV reports young Jillian Thomas of Alpharetta was feeding fish to the dolphin as part of a SeaWorld attraction and got bitten when she held up the paper fish container to where the dolphin could grab it. That’s something SeaWorld warns guests not to do.
Jillian says she feared the dolphin would “eat my hand off.” Instead she suffered three small punctures.
Her father, Jamie Thomas, has posted video of the Nov. 21 incident on the website YouTube. He says he wants parents to know feeding dolphins can be risky.
SeaWorld says it hasn’t reviewed the video but is committed to the safety of its guests.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k