5-year-old Durham boy found safe near his home
DURHAM, N.C. — A 5-year-old Durham boy has been found safe hours after he was reported missing from his home.
Authorities say the parents of Thomas Washington Jr. alerted them at around 5 a.m. Sunday that their front door was open and their son was missing.
At around 7 a.m., residents of a high-rise complex told security officers that they’d seen the boy wandering around the building’s seventh floor.
Officials are reviewing security footage from the building to see how Thomas got inside. The high-rise building is less than a mile from the boy’s home.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants