Police: Maine man burned children with cigarette
28-year-old Adam Maguire
HOULTON, Maine (AP) — A Houlton man has been charged with using a lit cigarette to burn two children he was teaching to meditate.
Police on Thursday said 28-year-old Adam Maguire was charged with two counts of domestic violence assault, two counts of endangering the welfare of a child, and violating conditions of release.
Chief Butch Asselin tells the Bangor Daily News that Maguire burned the children at his home last Sunday in their upper back and neck areas “in an attempt to show them pain compliance while meditating.”
Maguire’s girlfriend told police she and Maguire were showing the children meditation techniques to help with their ADHD. The children were told that when you clear your mind, you are no longer susceptible to pain.
The children are now in the care of relatives.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK