Murder suspect’s release worries High Point family
HIGH POINT, N.C.–Heather Frazier has had many sleepless nights.
It’s been rough for her family since the death of her younger brother Shawn Heath.
Now, Frazier is even more worried.
The man accused of killing him is out of jail.
“I’m just totally confused by it,” Frazier said.
High Point Police say Heath,33, was shot and killed at close range by Christopher Lafortuna on August 14th around 5 a.m.
Police say Heath and Lafortuna were working together to open Capital Pizza & Subs when the shooting happened.
“We just miss him so much. Every holiday that goes by just makes this situation tougher,” Frazier said.
Lafortuna called police to tell them what happened.
He was arrested and charged with first-degree murder.
On Tuesday Lafortuna was released on a $500,000 bond.
“How can he just walk free when my brother is no longer,” Frazier said
Guilford County District Attorney Howard Neumann says Lafortuna has a legal right to post bail if the judge allows.
Frazier says the family may file a restraining order against Lafortuna.
He’s expected back in court on January 22.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home