Murder suspect’s release worries High Point family
HIGH POINT, N.C.–Heather Frazier has had many sleepless nights.
It’s been rough for her family since the death of her younger brother Shawn Heath.
Now, Frazier is even more worried.
The man accused of killing him is out of jail.
“I’m just totally confused by it,” Frazier said.
High Point Police say Heath,33, was shot and killed at close range by Christopher Lafortuna on August 14th around 5 a.m.
Police say Heath and Lafortuna were working together to open Capital Pizza & Subs when the shooting happened.
“We just miss him so much. Every holiday that goes by just makes this situation tougher,” Frazier said.
Lafortuna called police to tell them what happened.
He was arrested and charged with first-degree murder.
On Tuesday Lafortuna was released on a $500,000 bond.
“How can he just walk free when my brother is no longer,” Frazier said
Guilford County District Attorney Howard Neumann says Lafortuna has a legal right to post bail if the judge allows.
Frazier says the family may file a restraining order against Lafortuna.
He’s expected back in court on January 22.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview