Police: Man, woman intentionally abused 1-year-old in Mount Airy
Katie Danielle Cribb of Winston-Salem and Kenneth Dewayne Crowell II of Mount Airy (Mugshots courtesy, Mount Airy Police)
MOUNT AIRY, N.C. — Police in Mount Airy say they’ve charged two people with intentionally abusing a one-year-old child.
According to police, officers responded on Nov. 2 to a report of possible child abuse at the Northern Hospital of Surry County.
Police say hospital staff “observed questionable injuries” on the child.
After an investigation, police said they arrested Katie Danielle Cribb of Winston-Salem and Kenneth Dewayne Crowell II of Mount Airy.
Both suspects are charged with intentional child abuse causing serious physical injury and child neglect causing serious physical injury.
The child was released from the hospital after receiving treatment, police said.
Police say the suspects as of Thursday were still being held under secured bonds in the Surry County Detention Center. Cribb received a $15,000 bond, while Crowell was given a $5,000 bond.
No other information was provided.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k