HanesBrands Inc. to lay off 60 in Mount Airy
MOUNT AIRY, N.C.– The HanesBrands Inc.sock knitting plant in Mount Airy announced that 60 production employees will be laid off by January 1st, on Thursday.
Of the 210 employees, 190 have been on a rotating layoff schedule since the beginning of the 2012 year with 40 employees temporarily laid off for weeks at a time.
After the 60 job cuts, 130 will be back at a full time position schedule.
In order to assist workers, 50 positions will be added to their fabric company in Woolwine Virginia about 40 miles away.
Hiring for that HanesBrands Inc. plant begins in December
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting