HanesBrands Inc. to lay off 60 in Mount Airy
MOUNT AIRY, N.C.– The HanesBrands Inc.sock knitting plant in Mount Airy announced that 60 production employees will be laid off by January 1st, on Thursday.
Of the 210 employees, 190 have been on a rotating layoff schedule since the beginning of the 2012 year with 40 employees temporarily laid off for weeks at a time.
After the 60 job cuts, 130 will be back at a full time position schedule.
In order to assist workers, 50 positions will be added to their fabric company in Woolwine Virginia about 40 miles away.
Hiring for that HanesBrands Inc. plant begins in December
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it