Be Santa to a Senior [Video]
With so many older adults living alone and in poverty, some seniors will undoubtedly be struggling to make ends meet this holiday season.
That’s why the area Home Instead Senior Care office has partnered with retailers and community organizations to make sure isolated seniors receive gifts and companionship through the Be a Santa to a Seniorprogram.
Holiday shoppers are asked to pick an ornament off a special “Senior” Christmas tree, buy items on the list and return them unwrapped to the store, along with the ornament attached. The Home Instead Senior Care office will then enlist volunteers to collect, wrap and distribute the gifts.
Find a participating store at beasantatoasenior.com.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview