Be Santa to a Senior [Video]
With so many older adults living alone and in poverty, some seniors will undoubtedly be struggling to make ends meet this holiday season.
That’s why the area Home Instead Senior Care office has partnered with retailers and community organizations to make sure isolated seniors receive gifts and companionship through the Be a Santa to a Seniorprogram.
Holiday shoppers are asked to pick an ornament off a special “Senior” Christmas tree, buy items on the list and return them unwrapped to the store, along with the ornament attached. The Home Instead Senior Care office will then enlist volunteers to collect, wrap and distribute the gifts.
Find a participating store at beasantatoasenior.com.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault