Recipe Wednesday: Grits and other breakfast recipes
HIGH POINT, N.C. — This edition of Recipe Wednesday features some great breakfast recipes, many of which can be tasted at the Puttin’ on the Grits event in High Point.
Recipes in PDF format (recipe for Bangers and Mash is located below event information):
- Shrimp And Grits
- Shrimp and Grits with Andouille Sausage
- Yankee Grits Casserole
- Spinach Ham Cheddar Bread Pudding
The breakfast event is the only public fundraiser held each year by the Community Clinic of High Point, which provides acute care and chronic disease management for adults in the area. Those who benefit from the program typically cannot afford health insurance and do not qualify for Medicare or Medicaid.
The event will be held from 8 to 11 a.m. Saturday at the Pennybyrn at Maryfield, located at 109 Penny Road. Tickets, which cost $10, may be purchased at the event or by calling 841-7154.
Bangers and Mash:
- 12 cps Mashed Potatoes
- 64oz Irish-Style Sausage Links (Bangers) (32 links)
- 8 pints Killians Red
- 2 Yellow Onions, julienned
- 2 cps finely chopped green Chives
- 2 cps White Wine
- 8 cps Demi-Glace
- 8 Clove Garlic
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Pepper
- Prepare mashed potatoes to your personal preference (we typically use Red Bliss potatoes, skin-on, with butter, heavy cream, salt, pepper, and garlic, but anything will do).
- Poach Bangers in Killians Irish Red for 20 minutes.
- Caramelize Yellow Onions in a saute pan, de-glazed with White Wine.
- Add Salt, Pepper, Garlic, and Fresh Herbs.
- Add Demi-Glace
- Let reduce.
- Portion Mashed Potatoes into eight bowls (1 1/2 cps per serving)
- Pour half of the sauce over mashed potatoes.
- Set Bangers atop the mashed potatoes (four links per serving).
- Pour the rest of the demi-glace over Bangers/mashed potatoes.
- Garnish with chives.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.