Powerball mania hits the Triad [Videos]
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Powerball mania is hitting the Piedmont Triad early Wednesday morning ahead of the half-billion dollar jackpot drawing.
James Williams said he arrived at his Shell gas station on South Regional Road at 3:15 a.m. to prep for the store’s 6 a.m. opening and the jackpot hopefuls he anticipates.
By 6:20 a.m., he’d sold more than a $100 in tickets.
In the videos above, Nicole Ferguson shows more of the Powerball frenzy and explains the slim chances of winning.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave