Powerball mania hits the Triad [Videos]
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Powerball mania is hitting the Piedmont Triad early Wednesday morning ahead of the half-billion dollar jackpot drawing.
James Williams said he arrived at his Shell gas station on South Regional Road at 3:15 a.m. to prep for the store’s 6 a.m. opening and the jackpot hopefuls he anticipates.
By 6:20 a.m., he’d sold more than a $100 in tickets.
In the videos above, Nicole Ferguson shows more of the Powerball frenzy and explains the slim chances of winning.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old