Our Town: Burlington
At one time, slavery was big business in North Carolina and other parts of the country. A number of families built their wealth on slave labor. Conditions for those enslaved weren’t made equal. There’s a place in Alamance County where you and your family can visit to learn more about one slave. While there you also see the items she used on a daily basis while serving one of the county’s most notable families.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old