Our Town: Burlington
At one time, slavery was big business in North Carolina and other parts of the country. A number of families built their wealth on slave labor. Conditions for those enslaved weren’t made equal. There’s a place in Alamance County where you and your family can visit to learn more about one slave. While there you also see the items she used on a daily basis while serving one of the county’s most notable families.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k