New varieties of poinsettias just in time for the holidays
KING, N.C. –New varieties of the poinsettia can be seen at Mitchell’s Nursery and Greenhouse in King.
The nursery, one of the largest poinsettia growers in the area, has 8,400 pots of the Christmas plant in 81 different varieties this season.
29 of the varieties are either new to the market or being tested for breeders before being released to the market in the future.
Mitchell’s Nursery is one of three in the state that test new varieties for breeders.
“We’ve got a ballot that has each one of them and you can vote for your favorite,” said owner Judy Mitchell.
“We’ll send the information back to the breeders and that way they’ll know which one the public really likes.”
A new variety called “Love You Pink” is already catching a lot of attention.
You can check out the new varieties and cast a ballot for your favorite on Sunday, December 2nd between 12:30pm and 4:30pm.
The nursery is located at 1088 West Dalton Road in King.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave