Benjamin Parkway reopens following water main break
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Benjamin Parkway has reopened Tuesday morning after a water main break closed the roadway yesterday and prompted an early release at Kiser Middle School.
The break happened just before noon Monday near North Elam Avenue. The rushing water created a hole that was nearly three car lanes wide.
Kiser Middle School lost water, but stayed open for a few hours after the break.
Around 1:15 p.m., school officials announced they were releasing students early. The school system used phone, email and Facebook to let parents know.
By Monday evening, the northbound lanes of Benjamin Parkway had reopened.
One southbound lane of Benjamin Parkway remained closed until about 8:45 a.m. Tuesday.
Police said crews on Tuesday may continue some work on the southbound side of the roadway. The work could result in some congestion, but police said the roadway is open.
Water service to Kiser Middle School was restored Monday night.
Parents were encouraged to check for updates in case the middle school didn’t open regularly Tuesday morning, but officials have not made any mention of a delayed opening.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k