Update: Two firefighters injured battling fire at Burlington condominiums
Burlington N.C.–Burlington fire investigators blame a lit cigarette that was tossed into a trash can as the cause of a fire at the Oak Grove Condos on Monday evening.
The fire left 12 units damaged and injured two firefighters.
According to Burlington Fire Department officials, the fire began on the second floor balcony and quickly spread into the attic.
The ground floor suffered smoke and water damage.
Five families are receiving temporary housing assistance from the American Red Cross.
The other residents affected by the fire are getting help from friends and family.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k