Kernersville man behind unique Christmas lights called ‘Blinkies’
KERNERSVILLE, N.C. – Christmas lights once unique to Kernersville streets are now in demand across North Carolina and beyond.
“This time of year it’s all about the lights,” said Roger Briles, creator of Blinkies.
“It has a unique look to it and I use the term ‘less’ is more.”
Using less bulbs, spread out on a strand, the lights give a different view from your traditional Christmas lights.
Briles first created the lights for his front yard more than 10 years ago before giving them to friends.
Friend Rick Pierce liked them so much he thought the lights would look good along Main Street.
“When we lit them up on Main Street it kind of lit the town up and started catching on,” said Briles.
Sales of the unique lights have tripled in recent years thanks to word of mouth and internet orders.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK