Single car accident kills 1, injures 3 in Rockingham County
EDEN, N.C. — Officials said one man was killed and three others injured in a single-vehicle car wreck Sunday morning in Rockingham County.
Authorities said Billy Dean Morton, 33, was killed in the wreck which occurred around 1 a.m. on Bethlehem Church Road, about 1.4 miles south of Eden.
Dispatch confirmed that the SUV ran off the left side of the road, pulled back to the right, left the road and hit a ditch, a tree and a fence.
Authorities said the driver and two other passengers were taken to the hospital with unknown injuries.
Officials said Morton a passenger without a seat belt. Investigators said alcohol and reckless driving are said to be contributing factors to the wreck.
It remains uncertain whether or not the driver will be charged. The investigation is ongoing.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem