Officials: Fire burns around 40-60 acres in southern Davidson County
DENTON, N.C. — Authorities estimate that a fire that started Sunday on Bald Mountain in Denton has now burned around 40 to 60 acres.
Officials said firefighters with the Healing Springs Fire Department responded to the blaze which was reported around 6:12 p.m.
North Carolina Forest Service officials said 8-10 people were still on the scene as Monday morning.
Authorities said no injuries were reported and no structures were damaged.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
The National Weather Service issued a fire warning Sunday for Forsyth, Guilford, Davidson and Randolph counties.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home