Elderly man defends home from alleged burglars with homemade bow and arrow
SACRAMENTO – Officials said an elderly man defended his home from alleged burglars with a homemade bow and arrow Saturday morning in Sacramento.
FOX40 reported that Don Kiefert, 75, pulled out his weapon on two suspects after he heard his dog barking.
Authorities said one of the suspects ran off, while the other was held until police arrived. Kiefert has reportedly been the victim of a burglary before and did not want it to happen again.
Officers reportedly detained the suspect in Kiefert’s yard, but released him after they could not find evidence that he was there to take anything.
Read more: FOX40.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview