Couple swept to sea while trying to save son, dog
EUREKA, Calif. — A couple is dead and their 16-year-old son missing after being swept into the sea in Northern California while trying to save their dog.
A state Parks and Recreation superintendent said the family was at a beach north of Eureka Saturday afternoon when the dog was pulled into the water by ten foot waves while chasing after a stick.
Jones said the boy went after the dog, prompting his father to go after them. She said the teenager was able to get out, but when he didn’t see his father, he and his mother went into the water looking for him.
Rescuers retrieved the mother’s body and the father’s body washed up. The Coast Guard is still searching for the son. The dog survived.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy