Police: Pedestrian hit by car and injured in Burlington
The intersection of Rauhut and Hatch streets in Burlington (Google Maps)
BURLINGTON, N.C. — Police said a pedestrian was hit by a car after he drank alcohol and failed to yield to oncoming traffic Friday night in Burlington.
Officials said the 53-year-old man was struck by a 1999 Chrysler driven by a 28-year-old man around 7 p.m. at the intersection of Rauhut and Hatch streets.
Police said he was taken to UNC Hospital via helicopter. Details on his injuries were not released. Authorities said the driver and his passenger were not injured.
Anyone witnesses can call the Burlington Police Department at (336) 229-3500 or Crimestoppers at (336) 229-7100.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home