Body found in Buncombe County
CANDLER, N.C. — Authorities say residents cleaning up their wooded property in Buncombe County found a body.
The Citizen-Times of Asheville reports the body was found Friday morning.
The sheriff’s office had not yet released the man’s name. Lt. Randy Sorrells says the death is being investigated as suspicious.
Authorities were waiting on autopsy results to determine cause of death.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave