Vacant house fire in High Point
High Point fire department responded to a fire in at a vacant house on the 500 block of Thissell St. around 7 p.m. this evening.
When firefighters arrived on the scene, they found a vacant house with heavy flames and smoke.
An eyewitness tells Fox8 that, “you could feel the heat of the fire from streets away”.
According to authorities, the house has been vacant for months.
The cause is still under investigation.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview