GREENSBORO, NC — According to AAA 43.6 million Americans will travel more than 50 miles or to get to their Thanksgiving destination.
That’s an increase over the previous year for the fourth straight year since Thanksgiving travel dropped significantly in 2008.
Of those 43.6 million travelers, AAA says 90% will be on the roads while just 10% will fly.
The good news for those road warriors out there is that has prices have dropped significantly in the last few weeks and also as compared to last year in the Triad.
Average gas prices are down three cents in the Triad since last year.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview