GREENSBORO, NC — According to AAA 43.6 million Americans will travel more than 50 miles or to get to their Thanksgiving destination.
That’s an increase over the previous year for the fourth straight year since Thanksgiving travel dropped significantly in 2008.
Of those 43.6 million travelers, AAA says 90% will be on the roads while just 10% will fly.
The good news for those road warriors out there is that has prices have dropped significantly in the last few weeks and also as compared to last year in the Triad.
Average gas prices are down three cents in the Triad since last year.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants