Danica Patrick divorcing husband
(File/AP) Danica Patrick was named the Nationwide Series’ most popular driver award earlier this week.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Danica Patrick said Tuesday she and her husband are divorcing after seven years of marriage.
Patrick announced the split with Paul Hospenthal on her Facebook page. She said the two have amicably decided to end their marriage.
Hospenthal is a physical therapist who met Patrick while treating her for a non-racing injury. The two were married in 2005, and he is 17 years older than the 30-year-old NASCAR driver.
Patrick just completed her first full season in NASCAR, running the full Nationwide schedule and 10 Sprint Cup Series races.
She finished 10th in Nationwide points, becoming the highest-finishing female driver in the history of NASCAR’s three national series. The previous record was held by Sara Christian, who finished 13th in 1949 in the Cup series.
This article was provided by The Associated Press. (Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK