Danica Patrick divorcing husband
(File/AP) Danica Patrick was named the Nationwide Series’ most popular driver award earlier this week.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Danica Patrick said Tuesday she and her husband are divorcing after seven years of marriage.
Patrick announced the split with Paul Hospenthal on her Facebook page. She said the two have amicably decided to end their marriage.
Hospenthal is a physical therapist who met Patrick while treating her for a non-racing injury. The two were married in 2005, and he is 17 years older than the 30-year-old NASCAR driver.
Patrick just completed her first full season in NASCAR, running the full Nationwide schedule and 10 Sprint Cup Series races.
She finished 10th in Nationwide points, becoming the highest-finishing female driver in the history of NASCAR’s three national series. The previous record was held by Sara Christian, who finished 13th in 1949 in the Cup series.
This article was provided by The Associated Press. (Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k