Winston-Salem/Forsyth County School Board meets about proposed football stadium
WINSTON-SALEM, NC — The Winston-Salem / Forsyth County School Board will hear a proposal Tuesday night on how a football stadium would fit in Hanes Park.
The school district owns the land, and it wants to build the stadium to host football games for RJ Reynolds High School.
Linda Hill, who had four children go through Reynolds High and lives less than a mile from the park supports the stadium plan.
“We’re talking about football mainly and what five, six nights a season? I don’t see that as a problem,” Hill said.
Her neighbor Rob Hildebrand worries that overflow parking will leave his neighborhood overrun on Friday nights.
“What’s the easiest thing? What’s human nature? Human nature is that folks are going to park up here because it’s easier to leave from here,” Hildebrand said.
The final decision will be up to the school board and the City of Winston-Salem.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home