Man falls through Hickory church roof, found naked
HICKORY (AP) — Authorities in Hickory have arrested a man after they say he fell through the ceiling of a church and was found naked inside.
The Hickory Daily Record reports the staff of Resurrection International Church asked police to remove a suspicious man from the building Saturday afternoon after he’d asked to spend the night there.
Police think James Albert Kimrey Jr., 46, of Durham tried to re-enter the church through the roof. They say he apparently took off his clothes because he couldn’t get through a gap between a ventilation duct and the framework. He fell through the ceiling and into a conference room. A church member found him Sunday morning in a restroom stall.
Kimrey is being held at the Catawba County Detention Center under a $1,200 secured bond.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child