Latin Kings trial continues
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C.— Many questions still remain in the jury deliberations in the Latin Kings trial, but there is still no verdict.
Ring leader Jorge Cornell and five others are charged with conspiring to commit murder, arson, robbery and racketeering.
Jurors are deciding if prosecutors proved beyond reasonable doubt each of the defendants committed a pattern of racketeering crimes for the betterment and advancement of the Latin King enterprise.
If the jury verdict is guilty on the first count of racketeering, then Cornell could face an additional two counts for aiding and abetting the operation and using and or providing firearms for the Latin King’s benefit.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k