Black Friday Psychology
Millions of Americans flock to stores every year during the holiday season to shop for gifts for their loved ones.
But, how far is too far when it comes to spending this time of year?
Psychologist Dr. David Gutterman blames stress for our sometimes out of control spending habits, especially when browsing those door busting Black Friday deals.
“There`s going to be a tendency to overspend because you get a little rush. I got a great deal. Better than expected. It relieves stress because it`s kind of fun.” he says.
Of course, all that “fun” disappears when you’re confronted by your credit card bill.
Here are some help tips to avoid overspending this holiday season:
-Leave your credit cards and checkbooks at home. Use cash.
-Bring a shopping list and stick to it!
-Shop with a responsible friend who will hold you accountable.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy