Va. dance instructor arrested for inappropriate relationship with teen
Andrew F. DeFiesta (Henrico Police)
HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WTVR) – A Henrico County dance instructor is charged with having an inappropriate relationship with a dancer at the studio where he teaches.
“Detectives received information that a male dance instructor was possibly having inappropriate sexual relationships with female juvenile dancers at the studio where he is employed,” Henrico Police spokeswoman Lt. Linda Toney wrote in an email.
“Charges were placed based on an incident that occurred involving a 16-year-old female in September of 2012.”
Henrico Police charged Andrew Defiesta, 34, of Chesterfield, with indecent liberties with a minor while in custodial role.
Police arrested Defiesta on Friday, Toney said. He is currently being held at Henrico County jail.
Defiesta works at the Regency Dance Academy in the 8900 block of Quiocassin Road.
This is a developing story.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy