Va. dance instructor arrested for inappropriate relationship with teen
Andrew F. DeFiesta (Henrico Police)
HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WTVR) – A Henrico County dance instructor is charged with having an inappropriate relationship with a dancer at the studio where he teaches.
“Detectives received information that a male dance instructor was possibly having inappropriate sexual relationships with female juvenile dancers at the studio where he is employed,” Henrico Police spokeswoman Lt. Linda Toney wrote in an email.
“Charges were placed based on an incident that occurred involving a 16-year-old female in September of 2012.”
Henrico Police charged Andrew Defiesta, 34, of Chesterfield, with indecent liberties with a minor while in custodial role.
Police arrested Defiesta on Friday, Toney said. He is currently being held at Henrico County jail.
Defiesta works at the Regency Dance Academy in the 8900 block of Quiocassin Road.
This is a developing story.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave