Raw Video: Airstrike hits media center in Gaza City
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) — Witnesses say an Israeli airstrike has hit a high-rise in downtown Gaza City where a number of local and foreign news organizations have offices.
Thick black smoke rose from the building Monday as ambulances rushed to the scene. Paramedics say one person was killed and several wounded.
It’s the second strike on the building in two days. The Hamas TV station, Al Aqsa, is located on the top floor.
Israeli aircraft have struck several crowded areas in the Gaza Strip, driving up the Palestinian death toll to 94 and devastating several homes belonging to one clan as Israel broadened its targets in the 6-day-old offensive.
Hamas fighters also have fired hundreds of rockets into Israel in the current round of fighting, including 75 on Monday, one that hit an empty school.
This article was provided by The Associated Press. (Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home