Man charged in Adams Farm shooting
Brandon Lynch Benders
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Police have charged Brandon Lynch Benders in the October 11th fatal shooting of his girlfriend, Anstin Cieria Alston, at their Adams Farm apartment.
On October 11th, after a domestic dispute, Benders fatally shot Alston, then barricaded himself into their Adams Farm community apartment where he shot himself, according to police.
He was then taken to the hospital with a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
After he recovered from his injuries, police charged Benders with first-degree murder.
Benders is being held in Guilford County Jail without bond.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home