On Thursday morning, the chefs at Texas Roadhouse are showing us how to make sweet potatoes their way.
Loaded Sweet Potatoes:
Equipment: Oven safe pan, Knife, oven mitts, measuring cups
- Bake sweet potato in oven at 450° for 35 to 45 minutes, until tender.
- Remove at once and prick with a fork to let steam out – be careful, steam will be very hot.
- Cut a 1 1/2-inch cross in the center of each potato.
- Using oven mitts open the potato by pushing the ends toward the center until filling starts to push through the cut.
- Place ½ the marshmallows into the sweet potato
- Pour 2 oz of your favorite store brand caramel sauce over the marshmallows; or make your own sauce using the recipe below.
- Place the rest of the marshmallows over the caramel sauce.
- Put potato bake on an oven safe pan and put back in the oven on Broil.
- Let cook for just a minute or two, keeping careful watch.
- Remove from oven when marshmallows start to brown.
- Serve as soon as possible.
Honey Caramel Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
In a saucepan add butter and whisk in brown sugar: do not boil. Add honey and continue stirring for approximately 4 to 5 minutes.