NC unemployment drops to 9.3 percent in October
RALEIGH — North Carolina’s unemployment rate dropped to 9.3 percent in October, a decrease of .3 percent.
On Friday, the State Commerce Department released the latest statistics.
The state’s unemployment rate was at 9.6 percent in September, which was down from 2011.
The number of workers in North Carolina increased by over 43,000 to 4.3 million, an increase of over 95,000 compared to 2011.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home