NC trooper hits, kills 80-year-old man
Trooper Emory T. Brown (Photo courtesy, WTVD)
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — An N.C. Highway Patrol trooper is on administrative duty after the patrol cruiser he was driving hit and killed an 80-year-old Clinton man.
Patrol spokesman Sgt. Jeff Gordon said Trooper Emory T. Brown was driving north on N.C. 242 near Salemburg Tuesday night when his vehicle struck Ottis Parker as he crossed the road.
Gordon said Brown will be on administrative duty pending completion of an investigation.
Brown is a 9-year veteran of the patrol who is currently assigned to the Motor Carrier Enforcement Section, Troop B, District 9.
This article was provided by The Associated Press. (Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault