Fayetteville man cleaning gun wounds 2 neighbors
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — A Fayetteville man cleaning a handgun in an apartment accidentally shot two people in a neighboring unit.
Police spokesman Gavin MacRoberts told The Fayetteville Observer that the neighbors suffered minor injuries.
MacRoberts says Ethan Chriman was cleaning a .45-caliber pistol when it fired. The bullet struck a man in the arm and a woman in the leg. They were treated at Cape Fear Valley Medical Center.
MacRoberts says Chriman checked on the neighbors and then called 911.
He’s being charged with firing a gun in the city limits.
It was not clear if Chriman has an attorney.
This article was provided by The Associated Press. (Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault