Dare County faces more coastal flooding
NEWPORT, N.C. (AP) — The National Weather Service is warning of the possibility of coastal flooding in Dare County into next week.
The Weather Service office in Newport says the advisory is in effect until 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Forecasters say winds, dune erosion and high tide will create overwash on N.C. 12 north of Cape Hatteras. The weather service says water is expected on the road a few hours before and after high tides.
The highway was badly damaged by Superstorm Sandy and has been closed at times since the storm.
This article was provided by The Associated Press. (Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home