Black belt teaches bullying self defense class
More than 150 thousand young people across the county will skip school tomorrow because of bullying.
As many as half of all children are bullied at some time during their school years. Everyone agrees that it’s a crisis.
And today, more parents and their children are addressing it through an art form that’s centuries old. But not everyone can afford martial arts lessons.
In the video above, tonight’s FOX8 Bully Project offers some simple techniques your child could use – but only in self-defense and only if all other options fail.
Welcome to one of the front lines of learning how to handle bullying. Master Monty Hendrix is a 7th degree black belt who has been teaching martial arts for more than 15 years. He’s heard more than his share of bullying stories.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave