Raw video: SUV jumps median causing multi-car crash
BOSTON, MA (AP) - A one-time doctor of the year at a suburban Boston hospital has pleaded not guilty to driving drunk and while under the influence of prescription drugs, which led to a multi-car crash.
Dr. Kristin Lynes Howard was released on personal recognizance after pleading not guilty to a variety of charges Tuesday in connection Friday’s crash in Wellesley.
In surveillance video released by police, a car driven by the 56-year-old Howard speeds from a supermarket parking lot, over a grassy median and onto the street where it slams into two other vehicles. A 78-year-old man required hospitalization.
Authorities say Howard prescribed herself drugs.
Police say she told them her car had a mechanical malfunction.
A spokeswoman for Newton-Wellesley Hospital says Howard, an emergency medical physician, has been relieved for her duties.
Credit: The Associated Press
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k