Police: Winston-Salem man seriously injured in drive-by shooting
The 2800 block of Gilmer Avenue (Google Maps)
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Police say a Winston-Salem man suffered a life-threatening injury Tuesday evening in a drive-by shooting.
Police said they found the victim, Decorus Rountree, shortly before 10:15 p.m. after responding to reports of a shooting at 2828 Gilmer Ave.
Rountree, who was found in the yard, had been shot in his buttocks, police said.
The victim was taken to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center for treatment of the injury, which is considered life-threatening because it struck his “femoral artery,” police said. As of 8 a.m. Wednesday, police said Rountree was still undergoing surgery.
Police said multiple gunshots were heard in the area, however no witnesses were found.
The victim described the incident as a drive-by shooting, police said.
No other details were available.
Anyone with further information is asked to call Crimestoppers at (336) 727-2800.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it