NBA cheerleader falls on head during routine
ORLANDO, Fla. — A cheerleader and stunt team member is in stable condition after falling on her head during a performance at an Orlando Magic game.
In a statement released by the Magic on Wednesday, the family of 31-year-old Jamie Woode says she suffered three vertebrae fractures and a broken rib. But there were no signs of neurological damage and she’s expected to make a full recovery.
Woode lost her footing and fell to the floor during a routine between the first and second quarter of the Magic’s 99-89 loss to the New York Knicks on Tuesday night.
She was carted off on a stretcher, but waved her hands as she was wheeled away.
The Magic Stunt Team is comprised mostly of former UCF cheerleaders and is contracted for performances by the team.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it