Yadkin Co. infant bitten by family dog, dies
YADKIN COUNTY, N.C. — A 3-month-old from Yadkin County has died after the infant was bitten by the family dog last week in an “unpreventable tragedy.”
Last Friday around 11:40 a.m., the infant was bitten by the family dog. Sheriff William R. Oliver said the infant later died as a result of those injuries.
No other information was provided.
“At this time it appears this was an unpreventable tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family as they deal with their loss,” Oliver said in a press release.
The case is under investigation, however Sheriff Oliver said charges are not likely.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK