Yadkin Co. infant bitten by family dog, dies
YADKIN COUNTY, N.C. — A 3-month-old from Yadkin County has died after the infant was bitten by the family dog last week in an “unpreventable tragedy.”
Last Friday around 11:40 a.m., the infant was bitten by the family dog. Sheriff William R. Oliver said the infant later died as a result of those injuries.
No other information was provided.
“At this time it appears this was an unpreventable tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family as they deal with their loss,” Oliver said in a press release.
The case is under investigation, however Sheriff Oliver said charges are not likely.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave