Yadkin Co. infant bitten by family dog, dies
YADKIN COUNTY, N.C. — A 3-month-old from Yadkin County has died after the infant was bitten by the family dog last week in an “unpreventable tragedy.”
Last Friday around 11:40 a.m., the infant was bitten by the family dog. Sheriff William R. Oliver said the infant later died as a result of those injuries.
No other information was provided.
“At this time it appears this was an unpreventable tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family as they deal with their loss,” Oliver said in a press release.
The case is under investigation, however Sheriff Oliver said charges are not likely.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'